HOLD IT! Before you look at the photos any further… read this post :)
OH MY GOD I JUST TYPED A WHOLE POST ON THIS AND IT JUST POOFED ):
Im super upset and I waited for all the photos to get uploaded and they did in the imaginary post and now everything’s gone >: *evidently upset*
Ok it was a 500-plus word post though pretty crazy.
Click here to go to a site some other random person created for it. Hahaha.
Okay so I spent an hour or two playing with this Konapun Kitchen set I havent touched since two years (at least) ago and today I just felt like relieving my childhood since I decided today was a slackish and aimless day. :) Nah just joking.
Konapun helps lonely people who have nothing better to do and self-deceiving people who think they can cook when they cant, think they cook well but they dont show off their culinary skills by letting them make fake miniature inedible food. Yep you heard me right (: Okay no you didnt. This sounds like Im degrading myself ): Okay so anyway, its just for bored people.
According to the website, the company stopped producing these products since 2009, so its pretty hard to find them around! But ebay is definitely a source and Im sure of that. But I got them at Takashimaya @ Ngee Ann City and I dont think they still have stock. They’re probably selling cooler stuff like you use those “equipment” to make real food (: But this toy is really good. For kids of a certain age to old women (or men for that matter, though slightly disturbing).
I would say it’s actually not so good because:
- It’s fake. (and thus inedible)
- It’s pricey and fake. Wait is that a repetition?
- It looks so real a normal person wouldn’t know it’s fake without double-checking.
- It looks so real a normal lazy person would eat it if you put it on the dining table.
- It’s like BATA (buy and throw away) - you buy these expensive powder, make them like a lonely old cat lady at home, and throw them away.
- By throwing them away, it means you spend like almost 2-3 hours making them and throwing them away like that. Just like that. It is probably better to make real food and eat them and throw them away. Right or not?
- They cant be kept on the outside because like I said it looks so real even ants get attracted to them. Not kidding. The ants will probably eat them.
- If you put it in a tupperware (like air-tight haha) maybe it can get preserved. If you keep it till you’re like really old and have deteriorated eyesight, you might just eat them and possibly die.
- The washing part of all those “equipment” wastes water and most importantly, puts a sad face on a lazy person (like me).
But its not all that bad too, despite mentioning those gloomy conditions above.
- If you’re really a lonely cat lady at home, it gives you some company.
- It kills time when you’re bored.
- By buying these pricey stuff, you are boosting the economy.
- You can claim they are real on the Internet. (Damn it why didnt I do that.)
- By claiming they are real, you can show off your awesome culinary skills. Which you probably do not have.
- If you like minatures, they put a smile on your face because they’re so cute and adorable.
- If you have lots of ants at home, by openly displaying them, you are indirectly feeding the ants. So if the ants eat them and die, ants overpopulation issue closed.
- Gives the Japanese chances to show their innovations. Y U NO SHARE YOUR IDEAS JAPANESE????
- This thing is seriously cool. It deserves to be tried once in a lifetime. At least. If you are not a lonely cat lady.
Yes thats it. Or maybe more points but I seem to feel most of them are directed at myself. And self-comfort.
9 pros and cons.
So you make your decision. But I seem to make this product appear pretty bad. But its really quite fun!
Maybe if you have nothing to do and you dont think you are a lonely cat lady you can text me and we can be lonely together. ;)
You no wanna? Forever alone.
No but Im joking either way so even if you want to dont look for me haha.
I still have plently of those unopened powder but seriously, even though the oil (made out of citric acid) dissolved some minerals in the marble floor of my old house, it is a seriously amazing thing.
So if you dont know what Konapun is, if you translate it from Japanese, it probably means “made of starch” and this starch is derived from seaweed, or according to the site (:
So you can make all sorts of stuff like ice-cream and sushi (which I made today) and stuff like tempura, hamburger, fries, rice, curry rice, omelette rice, doughnuts, cakes, jellies etc.
The previous post was much more detailed but Im so tired now and I dont feel like typing everything over again ):
So yep, look up and in the picture of fours, from R-L its Tuna, Egg, Ebiko (Egg roe?) and Sea Urchin. You can probably guess which picture Im talking about since the egg stands out so brightly. Hahahaha.
And I bought a Chalkboard today.
It’s pretty cool.
Okay byebye good night.
Hope this gets posted. :)
If you see this it probably is.
Point taken. Guess who (: